Our specialist doctors
This specialty studies glands that secrete hormones, which are essential to our bodies proper functioning:the thyroid, parathyroids, hypophysis, the pancreas, stomach, adrenal glands, ovaries and testicles.
There can be a number of different types of problem:
- morphological: size (goiter) or mass (adenoma, nodule, benign or malignant cyst),
- functional: excessive or insufficient hormone secretion, leading to pathological symptoms and signs
A diagnosis is found through a number of tests:
- consultation including discussion of the patient’s medical history and clinical status
- blood tests
- fine needle aspiration biopsy
- ultrasound or other radiological exam (MRI, Scanner)
The consultation, tests, administration of the treatment, and long term monitoring are all conducted at Clinique La Prairie.
A condition affecting men as get older, it is the result of a decrease in the production of sexual hormones which begins around the age of 40. This can lead a variety of symptoms that may affect their sex life and physical and mental well-being.
The specialized consultation involves several phases:
- discussion of male physiology and answers to your questions
- anamnesis and targeted clinical status of the symptoms suggesting hormonal decline
- targeted blood tests and x-rays if needed
- personalized care of each patient based on the results of the tests
The diabetology unit is composed of two Swiss Medical Association specialists in diabetology and endocrinology, a Swiss Medical Association specialist in internal medicine and nutrition and a team of dietitians.
Diabetes is a progressive disease characterized by an abnormally high level of sugar in the blood. In the long term, large and small veines can be affected, leading to complications.
Prevention and screening are essentialbecause many people have diabetes and don't know it, because they show no symptoms.
Screening should begin at the age of 45, or earlier, if there are risk factors. The goal is to diagnose this illness as soon as possible, in order to treat it and prevent or delay the appearance of complications.
Comprehensive treatment of diabetes at Clinique La Prairie involves the following:
- general information about the illness and on managing it on a daily basis
- discussions and suggestions on appropriate diet
- evaluation, introduction or modification of treatment for diabetes
- instruction on how to do self-testing and injections
- evaluation and review of potential complications and their treatment
- gestational diabetes: treatment of patients suffering from diabetes during their pregnancy
Additional services are provided, such as the treatment of obesity by a Swiss Medical Association physician specializing in nutrition and obesity, as well as by our dietitians.