Photo historique de la Résidence

The history of Clinique La Prairie harks back to 1931 when Professor Paul Niehans, a brilliant science graduate from the Zurich University, first administered fresh animal cells to patients suffering from various medical conditions. The results were outstanding.

Before publishing his research, Pr Niehans treated over 5000 patients using cellular therapy to stimulate the immune system. The exclusive rejuvenation treatment’s reputation rapidly grew to attract many opinion leaders worldwide. These included political figures, sportsmen, celebrities, entertainers, actors, aristocrats and kings. Following treatment given to Pope Pius XII in the Vatican, the clinic became internationally recognized.

In the 80’s the clinic was acquired by Swiss entrepreneur Armin Mattli, who further developed Clinique La Prairie to be recognized for its innovative scientific research and medical expertise. The Mattli family built the clinic’s sense of tradition and Swiss quality.

Over the years, the Revitalization program has kept its world famous reputation. Other specialized programs have been developed to offer a variety of targeted medical programs such as weight management, sleep therapy, smoking cessation and more.  

Clinique La Prairie has long been a pioneer in the evolution of the medi-spa and is today recognized among the best medical spas in the world. Awards include:

“Best for Medical Services” (Spa Finder Wellness Travel Awards, 1st in 2015 & 2014)

“Destination Spa Of The Year” (Worlds Spa & Welness awards, 2014)

“Favorite Medical Spa” (Condé Nast Traveller, 3rd  in 2012)

and more…

The Mattli family continues the pioneering work of the clinic with the appointment of Mr Gregor Mattli who succeeds his father as Chairman of Clinique La Prairie.

Professor Niehans in front of the Residence
Professor Niehans in front of the Residence.